Saturday 7 November 2015

Belvedere Hotel, Woody Point

I attended a conference yesterday at the Belvedere Hotel at Woody Point.  The hotel has wheelchair access at the rear of the hotel with plenty of disabled parking.  I used the lift to get to the conference upstairs.  I used the toilet during a break in proceedings.  The door opened inward and was very heavy.  The toilet had two toilet roll holders above the bar next to the toilet.  I appreciate everyone is different, even in the "disabled" world, so this may not be a problem for other disabled people.  I can stand transfer and I find the position of the toilet roll holders gets in my way in moving from the wheelchair to the toilet seat then a little later back to the wheelchair.  I would prefer the toilet roll holders were below the rail and back a little so I can pull myself up without banging against the toilet roll holder.  Leaving the toilet I had to pull the heavy door inwards to get out.  It never ceases to amaze me how every toilet is different.


No comments:

Post a Comment